Pray without ceasing. Prayer is the work. Prayer is our greatest resource. We’re all familiar with these Bible verses and quotes and totally agree with them. The hard part, however, is regularly putting them into practice. Not because we don’t want to, but because, well, it just doesn’t always seem to happen, even when we have the best of intentions. Satan, our biggest adversary, is 100% against our praying. There is nothing that he fears more than the fervent praying of God’s people and he will do whatever he can to prevent us from doing it.
Prayer is essential for us as we live in spiritually hard places and work among hardened people. Eurasian Affinity Group (EAG) prayer emphases planned for this year are designed:
– to keep us focused, spiritually sharp, supporting each other, and connected to Christ
– to soften hearts of Europeans, who are unresponsive and uninterested in the Gospel
– to win spiritual battles and break down barriers to the spread of the Gospel
– to provide opportunities to be spiritually refreshed, focus on God, hear a word from Him
– to involve prayer partners to a greater extent
Reaching Europeans is a God-sized task – we desperately need His help and this help comes, when we pray. “Prayer is the greatest of all forces…There can be no substitute… its results lie outside the range of human possibilities – they are limited only by the omnipotence of God. Few Christians have anything but a vague idea of the power of prayer; fewer still have any experience with that power.” (Purpose in Prayer, E.M. Bounds, p. 317)
This year may we discover and experience the power that prayer has, as we intensify our prayer efforts and become more and more a people of prayer!